Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Solid Day At 1/2

Well - I havent played that much over the last few days for a few reasons. Firstly after getting broadband back last week I have been doing quite a lot of coaching and that has gone pretty well overall. I always enjoy it when students are very proactive and are asking a lot of questions and trying to pick my brains for good lines in certain spots. The last few sessions have definitely done that.

Also I moved some money to UB to see what the games were like there. Answer is, I really dont know. I datamined for a while (prefetching hands is pretty awesome!) and the games looked kinda softish but PAHUD seems to be very patchy on UB so I decided to sack it off. Also the table selection and the amount of tables is pretty bad. I'm not sure how they get double the amount of players as Cryptologic but have less cash game tables...

So I'm in the process of getting my cash back to FTP. I left some anyway so I could still play 1/2.

Here's some hands from today's session, where I picked up a few buyins and felt happy with my play.

Flop a boat against trips :-)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1034959

Me sucking out against a short stack

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1034962

Rivered the straight, his call is atrocious.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1034964

Pretty decent sized pot with 83o, I would have been happy to get a/i on the flop but it kinda got scary...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1034970

Not that many other hands of note, mainly standard stuff which I won medium sized pots with. I'll be playing a lot tomorrow so hopefully I can post some more. Also, does anyone know how to get the pokerhand links to be clickable again? I seem to have lost that capability...

Gl everyone,

FP

6 Comments:

  • Hey man,

    UB is good if you have RB. I only play there when Im drunk cos 100nl 6m seems nicely beatable even in that state... I havent played much 200nl there though.

    With the added bonus $'s (they often have reloads, I have ~$1,5k non-expiring bonus in there) AND their current weekly points for cash promo's, all ontop of the RB: you're looking at a large RB portion (40-50%?) =)

    Software is nice and quick but can be a pain in the arse to retreive HHs / setup HUD.

    By Blogger Chris, at Thu Apr 26, 04:02:00 pm  

  • Hey Fruity, just wondering being in the UK, why do you stick to the US sites? I would have thought the non US sites would be softer?
    Love your videos on CR, looking forward to the next one.

    eejit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Apr 26, 07:45:00 pm  

  • Sinkrox - Yeah I agree on all counts! The RB and points deal is good, but I just cant handle the HH's and HUD set up like you say, and it also seems that HUD is very patchy for everyone at the moment! FTP looks like my reliable home!

    Eejit - Glad you like the videos!

    I dont really like playing any other sites, its wierd really. Party I have always hated, the software and graphics just look appalling to me, plus I have been reliably informed their support is terrible. That's very important to me which is why I think I just stay with more reliable sites.

    I used to play on Crypto but dont really like it on there. The players are hugely volatile which is all good if you can hit some hands, but obv not if you cant. Plus they have a lot of WSOP promotions going so all the games are full of grinders, from what I have heard.

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Thu Apr 26, 09:13:00 pm  

  • Hey fruity, do you play poker for a living? Is it your job? Just wondering.

    By Blogger Amatay, at Fri Apr 27, 02:05:00 pm  

  • Amatay - yeah at the moment, I am 8 tabling 1/2 about 4-6 hours a day and making decent money. I'm also coaching too so that provides a decent, solid income.

    Love the pic :-)

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Sat Apr 28, 03:25:00 pm  

  • I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    លេងហ្គេមកាស៊ីណូបាញ់ត្រីនៅកម្ពុជា


    By Blogger Unknown, at Fri Nov 19, 09:55:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home