Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Friday, September 08, 2006

Quantity v Quality?

I've had to abandon the challenge, for a few reasons.

Firstly Full Tilt Poker has been down for maintenance in the UK mornings and early afternoons this week which totally sucks, it's my most profitable time by far and also where I usually get a lot of hands in.

Secondly, when the games have been running on Full Tilt, the game selection is not there. All the fish are short stacks or there is one fish who has a stack but there are 5 predators around him!

Finally, I also haven't been feeling great this week and I don't want to play when I'm not feeling my best.

So overall, I haven't played a ton of hands, but when I have played I have felt really pleased with how I have played overall. I'm also now questioning whether I need to start putting in some night shifts to get some juicy games, which is something I have never done much of before.

Here's my stats for September, for when I have played.

Hands: 3,124
Profit: $2449.00
PTBB/100: 19.60

I've stacked tons of people over this time, and I'm getting paid off with my big hands so much its untrue. I've also been stacked a few times when I've flopped a set, any critique gratefully received as ever.

Here's some of the pots...

This hand was crazy. I couldn't literally believe my eyes. I really don't know why the guy with KK flat called my reraise preflop, just shove!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?494646

This guy was getting so frustrated with me. I was constantly raising him and pushing him about. He is also totally attached to top pair, making this an easy call.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?494652

This was another hand against a guy who I was bullying on several tables. I checked the turn with the intention of checkraising allin, but he pushed anyway, a horrible overbet with ace high.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?494655

On the KK theme, here's a solid laydown I did with KK yesterday. He either has AA or a set 100% for sure. I absolutely hated this flop, but felt I had to bet out but if he pushes it's an easy fold. It's pretty rare I fold KK overpair in a reraised pot but surely its toast here...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?494658

Here's a hand where I sucked out on the river. I was getting battered by bad beats on other tables so I guess I was due this good one. Can you lay this down on the turn when you pick up the flush draw? He was a huge fish btw. I was pretty sure the 10h changed nothing straight-wise as well.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?494661

I guess this is pretty standard, at least from my perspective. Opponent is pretty loose, obv.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?494663

This I guess is pretty standard too, opponent is a pretty tight multitabler, I had him on AK.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?494664

This hand was pretty cool. How not to play KQ is the theme here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?494665

And that's about it. I would log on to FTP to play now, but I can't as it's down. So it looks like I'm going to have to go shopping now, what fun!

I'm playing in a £100 freezeout tonight with my mate which should be a grin, he plays in it every week and has done very well, apparently the structure is very good and deep stacked (8000 chips starting at 25/25) so I'm gonna play my normal cash game to start with as I'd like to think I am a better deep stacked player than a standard player there. As I've been pretty bored not being able to play too much, I've been reading up about tournament theory a lot, both on pocket 5s and particularly cardrunners forums, where I've read most of the last 10 pages of both sit and go and tournament forums trying to get to grips with the hand ranges for push/fold and when to do it. I've read all the Harrington's repeatedly but I feel that there's still a lot more to learn regarding tournaments. I don't think I'll ever stop primarily focusing on cash but I will be playing the odd tournament, usually live, which is good fun. It'd be nice to do well in them too.

Good luck everyone and have a good weekend.

3 Comments:

  • Nice blog. Good luck with FTP. Once they get all the bugs out of the software all the maintenance updates should stop - hopefully

    By Blogger cmitch, at Fri Sept 08, 02:34:00 pm  

  • Hi cmitch,

    I emailed them today asking about it. To be fair they got back to me very quickly and said they didn't intend for it to last more than one day but their upgrade has been very patchy, and they are hoping its sorted soon! So do I!

    Maybe they'll make it up to me with the update being resizeable tables...!

    Cheers,

    Fruitypro.

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Fri Sept 08, 02:50:00 pm  

  • Hi fruity, I've been reading your blog for a while but I always forget to post a comment. I enjoy especially the hand histories you post along with the comments. In a few days (need to datamine a bit first) I'm moving to nl200 on FTP so watchout :P Thanks again for your advice about moving to fulltilt. Even though the few first days were pretty rough I'm finally getting back on my feet. Oh I wanted to contact you through MSN but I have problems with setting an acount there. They say that my account is still not activated but I've done it like 10 times or even more. Any ideas?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Sept 11, 11:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home