Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Can I Actually Win 2 Days In A Row?

Played for a fair bit over the last 4 days, and did well on wednesday, before losing half of it on thursday, doing well again on friday, got caned on saturday morning and made most of that loss back tonight!

The main problem is that I have been utterly cold decked for the past 4 days, not ideal but I have managed to scrape a profit of about $200 over about a 4-5000 hand sample. Beats working at McDonalds...!

At least i am playing well enough to avoid losing during these periods of negative variance, and there has been a lot I have learnt over these past 4 days - things I have picked up which should stand me in good stead in the future. In some elements, I have totally transformed my game... I got totally owned by this fish on friday morning, but went out for an hour walk afterwards and had a good think about my game and what I need to do to improve it (recommend doing this by the way, really helped) and came back much more refreshed. I made a few general preflop hand/position adjustments and tried to implement some new ideas postflop and between me and this other guy we broke the same fish in the afternoon so happy days - basically he thought he could read me well and he could in the morning, but I just changed the way I played and he started making frustrated, thin calls on me.

This morning, I got stacked twice and lost just over 2 buyins overall. I really think I should have got away from the first one, but I didn't rate him as a player but a check raise into 2 opponents who have indicated a liking to the flop should indicate a massive hand and I really should have folded. It all goes to experience I guess. Here's the hand...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?411913

The next hand should have put me on life tilt... But luckily I don't! This is sick.

I flopped the openended straight draw and queen high flush draw, hit the straight on the turn and lose to runner runner flush who also had the straight. We were both freerolling with the flush draw and sure enough he hits. He was a massive fish too, as you can see from his open limp with 95c.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?411915

The first half an hour of my 2 hour session this morning I played awful, probably the worst for a couple of weeks, but after this I talked to myself and sorted myself out and played good after that, but couldn't hit any cards to get the money back.

I had another good think about a few strategic things whilst I was at cricket this afternoon which we lost btw:-( and put them into play this evening in a quick one hour session. Result, up 2 buyins almost in that time.

So things are looking excellent for the future I hope, it's machines for me from Sunday-Tuesday and back in the grind from Wednesday-Saturday.

Good luck at the tables everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home