Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Swings!

I've had a very up and down time in the last week. Some sick, sick swings but I'm glad to say I've come through it now!

It started on Sunday...

I managed to have a good start, winning a quick $150 in about 90 minutes. Then, in the evening I lost $350. I wasn't really getting into setup situations, just that the deck was hitting the rest of the players in the face and missing me totally!

On Monday, I went to France for a few days. My Dad was trying to organise broadband for our house there anyway, but good old French Telecom are so backward they still couldn't be bothered to flick a switch or send the modem, so I had to put up with dial-up. Lovely. Playing 5 tables with PT and PAHUD running was not a pleasure. Imagine being dealt the cards in slow motion about 50% of the time, and then seeing KK folded utg because of the lag. You get the idea!

Anyway, I dropped another $250 on Monday, without making serious errors as well. It was basically deja vu from the day before.

On Tuesday, I recovered it a bit, and made about $170 in a couple of hours. Again, the deck was quite cold but I felt I played really well overall, and ground the money out.

In these three days, I hadn't actually got stacked once, which shows how little I committed big money postflop. I couldn't even flop a draw, let alone sets etc..., and when I did hit the flop it would be in the scariest way possible.

It got worse. On Wednesday, I dropped $375 in 2 hours in the morning. I really felt I played well again, and deserved a lot better. I just kept losing pots of like $100 where I got into situations where I couldn't call after being winning on the card before.

I did get stacked once, with this hand. Steginge was a solid, but aggressive player. In the last couple of orbits, he'd reraised me twice preflop. That's why I went with my read that he was messing me about. Unfortunately he had the goods.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?386082

I went out for something to eat with my dad at lunchtime after this carnage, and came back and fired up 5 tables as usual. I then proceeded to own the people on my tables, and made back $330 in a couple of hours.

On Thursday, I made $375 in about 90 minutes, I actually hit flops and with there being so many nutters on $100 NL I actually got paid! I also got revenge over Steginge by doubling up with AA v his KK.

Played a little bit on Friday and today (Sunday), and won about 2.5 buyins between the 2 sessions, so I'm officially off running bad!

Here's my stats for 100NL since I moved up:

Hands: 11,124
VPIP: 16.99%
PFR: 12.33%
Amount Won: $893.42
BB/100 Hands: 4.02

It's not too bad so far. I ran bad for about a 4500 hand period, so I can't really complain about my stats so far. I've been feeling my way into this level, and made a conscious decision to play tighter until I feel comfortable. I've got a good database of notes and PT stats now, so I feel that maybe I can open up a bit more from now on.

Away from poker, I played Cricket on Saturday, we were bowled out for 112 which was terrible, I have really lost my way batting and I wish I could transfer my gambling discipline to my batting. Last season I hit 54 on debut but haven't got near it this season. I always get out to the shit bowlers after seeing off the decent ones, because I think they are so bad I just try to smash them around. Never works! My wicket keeping was loads better though and I was pleased with how that went, having not done it for about 10 years I was always gonna be rusty, hopefully I can continue improving at that. We managed to bowl them out for 72 though which was an amazing effort and won by 40 runs.

I watched England play Ecuador at a mates house, we had a BBQ which was cool, England were terrible yet again, if we play like that we have no chance against Holland or Portugal.

I'm off to Vegas tomorrow for a week of poker! I'm going with my mate Phill and some of his mates from the Canterbury Poker Club, and I'm playing in the $1500NLHE WSOP event on tuesday, as well as some other tournaments and plenty of cash games!

When I get back, I'm gonna do a trip diary and put it on here and probably cardrunners forum as well. It's gonna be cool!

Good luck everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home