Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Friday, August 25, 2006

Swings, Swings, Swings

Variance is not my best friend recently. I had made an excellent start at 1/2 on Full Tilt, quickly maintaining my progress from 100NL, running at about 8ptbb/100 hands, and making 9 buyins over a few days. Then disaster struck last Friday when i dropped $1k in 2hrs, losing set v set twice, and AK on a QJT flop, which i enjoyed. Also quite a few 1/2 buyin pots when i generally had the second best great hand.

I took a few days off to recover till Monday, and had made quite a bit back by Tuesday evening, and then deja vu on Wednesday - it happened again - I was 1k down in a session... I made most of it back, including this class hand where I won a $400 pot with king high.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?471929

The other guy in the hand was ridiculously aggressive on the flop, and therefore it was a good spot to reraise with overs and second nut flush draw. He gets allin with a worse draw and all i have to dodge is a 9 or Q. That would have wound me right up if he hit one of those.

Had an ok day yesterday, picking up a couple of buyins, and played a short session today, didn't really get into it as I was tired and didn't really get any situations to play big pots with people, and i left $25 down in an hour.

I'm going to Spurs tomorrow, we are playing Everton at home, we have a really good record against them and Robbie Keane always scores against them, so hopefully we can get the win.

It's also my football team's last preseason friendly on Sunday (I'm player/manager), we have been promoted to Division 2 (out of 6) in the Sunday League, and hopefully we can make a real impact in it as I think we have the squad to do really well.

Good luck at the tables everyone.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home