Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Monday, September 04, 2006

Some Work To Do

I knew I'd be behind after the weekend with my challenge, but I'm behind a ton. I barely played all weekend, I had Cricket all afternoon on Saturday, I played a bit in the evening for about an hour, felt tired and left with about a 2.5 buyin profit, which was a good result. Yesterday I had football in the morning and a family lunch afterwards, I was pretty tired in the evening and decided not to play. This has left me a lot behind pace already, but I feel fresh this morning and this week I am gonna get in a load of hands. I'm aiming for 3k hands a day most days this week to make up the backlog. I have no plans all Monday-Friday, so this should be possible.

Here's some hands from my 345 hand session on saturday night:-

This was a tough spot. I didn't expect my reraise preflop to get 2 callers, but it did. I flop an overpair, so I can't really lay this down too easily. I just wondered what JMSOC had, I could only see him do this with AJ (he was pretty loose preflop!) or QQ out of the hands I beat. I didn't have him on AA, but JJ was a real possibility, although maybe with that he'd call to keep the shortstack in. I thought there was a good chance I was winning, and made the call. Fortunately I was good against both of them and I scooped a nice pot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?487353

Here's one of the greatest hands of all time for me. I flopped bottom 2 pair in an unraised pot and get raised by the table donator, who also has a big stack. I called the reraise with the intention of checkraising the turn, although I didn't really want to play a huge pot with this hand at that point. The turn completed my boat, so I check called him because I was convinced he'd bet the river and I wanted to checkraise him allin on the river. He beat me into the pot with his call, fact is not one hand he beats me with checkraises allin on the river.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?487361

I didn't really play any other great hands, hopefully I will today. Gonna sort some food out and then hit the tables!

Challenge Stats after Day 3:

Hands: 1313
Target: 6000
Pace: -4687

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home