Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Day 1 - September 1

A bad start to the challenge. I played a bit in the morning and then had to go out for several hours twice in the afternoon, so I couldn't get much playing in. I played a shortish session in the evening, but I almost fell asleep so decided it would be pretty smart to log off. I finished the night watching the Green Plastic v Muddywater heads up video on cardrunners, what an awesome idea. I tried watching them both simultaneously, but it was too disjointed so I watched Muddy's first and will watch GP's later. I'll imagine I'll be at least 2k hands behind pace after Sunday, I have cricket all afternoon today, and Sunday football tommorrow morning as well as a family lunch. I'm gonna have to work hard all week to catch up with the hands.

Here's some hands I played yesterday. I picked up just over 4 buyins for the day, which is obviously pretty decent for the amount I played.

Obviously I am liking the flop in this hand. I decided that the best course of action would be to get allin asap. If he has 77, nice hand. I really think that his call of my reraise when he is pretty much getting towards pot committed is terrible. Surely it's push/fold for him?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?484133

This next hand, I don't think I can get away from. It's so rare that I don't reraise preflop with it, but I felt I didn't want to reraise the short stack with AQ as if he calls and I miss, I am playing a guessing game. I checked the flop with the intention of checkraising, unfortunately I didnt get a bite. Turn brings me trips and nut flush draw, I don't think I can fold this. A tough spot, I'd like some opinions on this one.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?484136

The next hand I felt I played perfectly against a regular, solid player. I flopped top set and lured him in with my check on the turn. I really didn't have him on a straight, and I felt a lower set was very possible. I was amazed with what he showed. I don't think you could play QQ much worse. Even if he reraises me preflop, I'll probably still stack him though.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?484140

The guy I am against in this hand is one of the biggest $1/$2 fish on Full Tilt. I love playing with him. He is a total maniac, and was running the table over a bit. I was prepared to wait for a big hand against him, and thankfully it came. I wasn't worried about a flush at all, he pushes top pair to the felt all the time. His allin call is unbelievable.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?484144

This last hand shows the benefit (to me) of getting all in on the turn drawing dead. God knows what was going through this guys mind.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?484148

Overall, I only played 968 hands. I won't take that. I'll take the profit though...

Overall stats, Day 1:

Hands: 968
Total: 968
Pace: -1032

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home