Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Going Well So Far @ 100NL

I've played 4,000 odd hands at 100NL since I moved up and it's generally gone well so far. I actually think the standard of player is worse than 50NL. At 50, all they seem to want to do is see flops and then let their hand go in the majority of cases when they don't catch their miracle, but at 100NL they seem to be more aggressive and bluff far more...Which I don't mind at all because when I play a big pot, I will have the goods.

I was also watching my mate (who is very underrolled for it) play 1/2 the other day and saw one of my 50NL donators sitting on his table with 300! So good times may be ahead too if I can move up again!

One other thing I picked up over the last few days was in a discussion on Cardrunners, people were discussing customising your PA HUD and adding things in such as % fold to continuation bets and their % raise/call them. I think this is so useful, if you miss the flop against some people you are just throwing money away c-betting as they will float on you with nothing, but you can value bet massively against these guys, and possibly even check raise them on the turn to get even more value, as you can be sure they will bet if you check. And all this info is available at the click of a button, that's so handy.

Here's my stats so far at 100NL. I wouldn't say I was running well (in fact I have had several sessions where I havent hit a card full stop), but there are so many donators on here that even without running particularly well you can maintain a good winrate.

Hands: 4,081
VPIP: 18.03%
PFR: 12.67%
Amount Won: $705.84
BB/100: 8.65

Here's some hands from the last few days - I'm going to use pokerhand.org to host the hands now to reduce the size of the posts and make them easier to read - thanks to CoxhEd, another CR member for telling me about this.

In this hand I thought I hit a dream flop and was begging for the short stack to fire. But on the turn, and especially the river I realised I may be in deep trouble against the deeper stack. This shows the benefit of position being able to control the pot size. I also think that many weaker players get stacked here, I was even debating whether I needed to call the river.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?374808

This next hand I posted on the CR forum for debate. I really thought I was winning on the turn (villain was 44/11 and had shown some very marginal hands down), but on the river I really wasnt sure, but I had to call with decent pot odds. Out of interest, if he check raises me all in on the turn it's a far easier pass as I am not beating anything that does that.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?374814

This next hand I personally feel I played very well. The guy I was playing was very LAG and I felt that I needed to 3bet the flop to see where I really was, without committing myself with a huge bet. I felt that if he pushed, I was surely beat and could fold reluctantly, but if he called, there was a high chance he had KQ/AK (although especially AK could still push but surely it would be the worst hand that would), and I could push the turn with more certainty that I was winning (although a tricky player may play a set like that)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?374822

Here's a hand I got stacked with an overpair. The villain was a fish, very loose. I felt his range was sufficient that I would be a big favourite, which I was. When I pushed, he used all his time up and I knew I was winning. I think his play throughout is appalling, but he does have the right odds to call all-in, and sucked out.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?374824

This next hand has totally, totally shocked me. I'm going to post it anyway, and be honest here. I got it out of my poker tracker library to show how easy it is to fold TPTK against a tight player (he was 23/13). But I just noticed as I scanned the hand history he showed his hand as a total bluff! I didn't even see that at the time and just got on with it as a good fold against a tight player (although I'd probably call against a maniac) - I really thought he had 88.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?374827

I watched England make very hard work of T+T in the world cup earlier, we really need to improve in a big way if we are going to make any significant progress (past the quarter finals). After running them ragged coming on as sub, surely Lennon has to play from the start against Sweden. I may be a touch biased as a Spurs fan but I've never seen a youngster at Spurs who has so much potential to be a world class superstar.

I haven't been able to get the amount of hands in I would like this week, 4000 in a week is not enough, but I have been working hard trying to save for my Vegas trip (I go on 26th June for a week), and I'm also having a break in France with my Dad (a fellow poker addict!) from Monday till Friday staying at my parents house over there, so I am aiming to get 10k hands in over those 5 days as there's not too much to do there with it being in the middle of nowhere!

If I can maintain my win rate over the next couple of weeks I may start to give serious thought to devoting much more time to poker, and severely reducing the amount of time I go out working. For example, someone who can maintain a winrate of 5PTBBs/100 Hands at 2/4 would be earning about $160/hr via 5 tabling (about 400 hands/hr) - so about $5000 a week for 30 hours work. I think that's something to aim for in the longish term.

Good luck at the tables everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home