Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Friday, September 01, 2006

September Challenge

I've been running pretty good over the last few days, and I've picked up a load of buyins. I didn't really doubt myself too much when I had a couple of bad -$1k sessions as I was just getting coolered left right and centre, and generally just running bad. I really feel as I am one of the top players at the $1/$2 on Full Tilt, and I have fear of no one.

Over the last few days I've been adding a few plays for deception against the regulars, and addressing a leak of mine, which was being too passive on the turn with a marginal hand. I was getting played back at a lot on the river when I'd check behind on the turn to control the size of the pot with say top pair ok kicker or maybe even something like TT on a one overcard board which may have draws on it. This leads to a lot of second guessing and doubting whether your hand is good. Typically, it also means you are going to have to call a bigger bet on the river than the bet you will make on the turn which will usually be in the 60-75% of pot range. Obviously it's better to be the bettor than the caller as well.

One problem I have had is getting the hands in. I'm incredibly picky when it comes to table selection, I often reject a seat a couple of times on a table until I get position on my target(s) etc... I also have had a problem of trying to 'bank' wins and not playing on after a huge session. If I am going to try to become a top player, this not playing after a good session has got to stop.

So, for the month of September, and hopefully for the future, I am going to try a challenge. It won't be a monetary target at all, as I feel that my personality does not benefit from them, it puts me under too much pressure and won't help me. But it's a hand target, and naturally the money 'should' follow! I'm going to try and play an average of 2,000 hands a day for the month, so 60,000 hands for the month. I'm going to try to make this my target every month, but I want to see how attainable it is first. I don't see why it shouldn't be. I haven't got bundles else to do with my time, I have no work committments either. I'm playing 6 tables at a time, so this would be about 450 hands/hr roughly. 2000 hands daily actually gets me about £17,000 per year just in rakeback, which is obviously an OK tax free wage as it is, without even thinking about the profits. On a loose monetary goal, I'd be very disappointed if I couldn't hit 5ptbb/100 hands over the month period. So this would be a loose target of $12,000.

I'm going to post every day with how I've got on, and hopefully put up some challenging hands for analysis, as well as some of the big pots I've played.

I'd love some comments on the hands - please let me know your opinions.

Good luck at the tables guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home