Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Back To The Grind

Well I got back last night from France and I have to admit, the holiday was very relaxing and I definitely benefited from that. Feel totally de stressed now which is awesome.

I'm ready now to make 2007 a big year for me. I'm going to be playing a lot from today, and I'm hoping to move up to 2/4 within the next week or so. I did well on holiday at the tables and really feel that I've improved a ton over the last month through study and deep thought about playing certain hands in certain situations. I know I'm by far a better player than when I started playing 1/2.

I was considering writing some more strategy articles, but I'm a bit stuck on ideas to write about. If you wanted me to write about something, please feel free to add a comment about it and I'll do my best to write my thoughts on it.

I've also added some new blogs on here. They are mostly CR members. Several of them are from members who have had lessons with me (Jeff218 - Cap Anson's Poker Blog and Olliepower - My Poker Journey). Other ones which you may find interesting are H5N1Strain's blog - he is a fellow coach on Cardrunners who is running an Omaha Challenge for 2007 and also another one from a UK player which I found linked from another blog called 88% Concentration by a guy called Blue Scouse. The guy's swings are sick, but you have to admire his heart for a gamble. It's a great read. Another CR member, Syntec, has also started a blog which has a lot of hands from his 1/2 sessions which players of that limit may find interesting. If you want me to link your blog, please add a comment and I'll be happy to do that.

What I thought would also be interesting would be a bit about my favourite things each week, like my most played CD's and books I'm reading.

Here's the last week in that respect:-

CD - Clubland 10. It's a pretty good modern dance compilation.
Favourite Track - Time To Turn Around By Denis The Menace.
Most Recent Book I Read - Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
Books I'm gonna read - Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens, and the Second Life Guide.
Computer Games - Football Manager 2007 on PSP and Canis Canem Edit/Pro Evolution Soccer6 on PS2.

Good luck at the tables,

Dan.

5 Comments:

  • Hi, am I right in thinking you do coaching sessions?
    Do you only do this for cardrunners members?
    I am not a member but I would be interested in lessons. If you could let me know either way I would really appreciate it.
    My msn is russiangoldfish@hotmail.com
    or my pocketfives profile is HPriest.
    Hope to hear from you soon Dan
    Many Thanks
    John

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jan 08, 04:37:00 pm  

  • A new CR member with a blog that would like to be added to your list.... been playing some 1/2 NL recently so your progression is going to be an interesting story to follow.

    By Blogger Guin, at Mon Jan 08, 09:04:00 pm  

  • Hi John - I do only do it for CR members at the moment as Cardrunners supply the software which allows me to view your screen in real time, and they are good enough to let me advertise on their site. I'd recommend you joined anyway as the $20/mth is like the best money you will ever spend on poker!

    Guin - I'll add your blog asap. Good luck at 1/2 as well!

    Cheers,

    Dan

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Mon Jan 08, 11:58:00 pm  

  • Hi man,

    if you're missing some topics I have some ideas. First of all playing reraised pots. I know that this is something that you have been investigating when playing 1/2 at FTP and moving to 2/4 definitely increases amount of these hands. I'm thinking I'm putting some time to study these situations, since I've got few new ideas regarding reraising ranges against villains that call the reraises very loose and stab on the flop when it's propable I've missed.

    Ok, that first topic might be too wide and abstract, but turn semi-bluff shoving is something that might be simpler. I think I'm not using this move often enough, so it would be nice to read some theory and examples.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jan 09, 08:17:00 am  

  • Hey man,

    I've got some good ideas on that but I'm not massively sure I want to disclose that information generally because I feel I have a big edge playing them compared to the average TAG at the tables after doing a lot of work improving in them.

    I can definitely empathise with what you are saying about players calling reraises light and trying to take pots away on the flop/turn (there is a guy on FTP called renkcit who does this a lot - I found out he is v active on 2+2 too).

    I'll try and hit you up on MSN this week and we can chat about it though. I've also thought about when it's profitable to bluff shove the turn in certain spots as well, so that will definitely be something to discuss.

    Cheers,

    Dan

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Tue Jan 09, 09:19:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home