Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Friday, December 22, 2006

It's Almost Christmas!

Just a short post because for the first time really this year, I feel Christmas is close!

I can remember how excited I was when I was little about Christmas and how it was my favourite time of the year. I think over the years I've become more cynical about things like Christmas and life in general and I don't think this too good. I've become indifferent to a lot of things and I want to stop that. It's about time I started looking forward to stuff, which I often don't any more. I think of a lot of stuff as an obligation when really I should be looking at it as a time of doing something I don't any more.

As far as my Christmas plans are concerned, I went into town today and did all my shopping. I couldn't honestly handle going in more than once because it was SOOOO busy! So what I usually do is try to work out what I'm going to buy in advance before I go so that I can go round and get the stuff. It usually works pretty well. Gonna wrap up the presents in a little while too, which I actually do enjoy!

On Christmas Day, we are all going out to a restaurant for lunch which will be good, whilst on Boxing Day it is Spurs v Aston Villa (lol). If Spurs can have a good Christmas, I can see us breaking into the top 5. We are certainly playing very well at the moment.

To all the poker players reading this, how many of you have this feeling of indifference and obligation to many things? I think this has developed for me over the last few years and is something I'm trying to erradicate from my mindset.

Just over 2 days in advance, Happy Christmas to all!

2 Comments:

  • Personally I love christmas now for different reasons than when i was a kid. Obviously as you grow older you want less of the material things (that you can now afford to buy yourself) and you start to appreciate it as being a few days when everyone can get together and spend some quality time. I also enjoy thinking about what presents to give my loved ones that i think they will like, i dont just take the easy option buy any old crap, lol.

    Take it easy. Phill

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Dec 22, 11:47:00 pm  

  • Merry Christmas Fruity

    All the best

    Neil

    By Blogger ROSSI, at Tue Dec 26, 12:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home