Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Waiting For A Break

For the vast majority of the time since Friday, I've been in a bit of a transitional period. I've been in a longish breakeven patch, but I'm hoping today has seen me finish that.

Despite all this, I really feel I've taken my game to a new level. I don't want to elaborate hugely on that, as I'm playing on FTP again as well as my new site (the games aren't always great on the other site), but I'm really happy with some adjustments I've made.

I've been playing pretty well recently but haven't had the breaks, but today things went a lot better. I messed about at 50NL trying some stuff which worked awesome, crushed the game and picked up 5 buyins in about 1 1/2 hours. I then played some 1/2 tonight and won 1.5 buyins in an hour, despite a lot of things going against me. I haven't had time to play any more today as I've had some other stuff to do, but I'm going to get a LOT of hands in in the rest of the week.

I went to Spurs v Middlesborough last night, a well deserved win for Spurs. Huddlestone and Zokora controlled the midfield, Huddlestone will be an awesome player, mark my words. He has the potential to be the next Glenn Hoddle. The game was pretty entertaining in the second half with good goals from Berbatov who is now looking a class act, and a typical quick-thinking goal from Robbie Keane. The fight at the end was pretty amusing, and Boro should have been down to 8 men by the end but the ref bottled showing reds after a kick off the ball and an elbow.

To all Cardrunners members - There's a topic on the NL Mid/High Stakes Forum I highly recommend reading. I started the threat called 'Continuation Bets In Reraised Pots - Spew Or a Profitable Play?', and in my opinion, the discussion is excellent and I really learned a lot, and got a lot more confidence after hearing what others had to say.

That's about it for now, good luck everyone.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Dan,

    Came across this by accident ... googling something about 3-betting ... read a few more posts and then decided fruitypro rang a bell. Checked it on Poker tracker and had played against you on Crypto $100, but only once or twice. Then realised where I remembered it from ... I spent a week in Vegas with you and phil last year!

    Seems you've progressed a bit since then ;-)

    I take it you are signed up for this years vegas trip ... I might make it two weeks this year, a week wasn't long enough, especially when the Stratosphere cash game pays for the trip on the first day!

    When your not playing poker/machines drop me an e-mail at jontrew@aol.com.

    Regards

    Jon.

    P.S. I like the strategy articles

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Dec 07, 01:04:00 am  

  • Hey man,

    Great to hear from you!

    Still grinding $1/$2 unfortunately but hopefully moving up to $2/4 pretty soon.

    I'm def up for Vegas next year, should be awesome! Two weeks for sure, that flight home almost killed me lol and I'm not sure I could do it x2 for a week!

    Take it easy and speak soon,

    Dan.

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Thu Dec 07, 09:53:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home