Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Monday, December 18, 2006

Back Into The Groove

Well - since my last update I'd played pretty much zero hands up until yesterday. Had a situation to sort out away from the poker tables which hopefully should be done now.

I played a fair bit yesterday (win one big pot, lose another one etc...) and just finished a session today. It seems the games are kinda more aggressive on FTP in terms of preflop aggression - tons of 3 bets which I was happy to get involved in too...

Now I've got this other issue out of the way I'm gonna hit the tables hard this week up until Friday at least. Not sure how much I'll be able to play over the Christmas break (but my mate told me last year the games were awesome) and I'm also going on holiday to our house in France until 6th January. But I will have broadband over there which my dad kindly organised for the family all to play poker :-) - my dad plays MTTs about 5 hours a day too! So I'll be able to hit the tables over there (there's not that much else to do apart from eat at restaurants every evening!).

I started my coaching last week and it's gone really well. I've done 7 sessions now and I've enjoyed doing it. I've got some more sessions planned this week too.

Finally, here's some hands I've played over the last 2 days:-

This hand was pretty funny. I pretty much knew he had QT with his flop minraise but I thought I'd call with it being relatively cheap. As soon as the turn came, I knew what a great card it was. Check out the chat, I told him I had AQ after the hand...:-)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677920

Kinda sick hand. Didn't ever really know where I was in it.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677924

If there's ever a hand to fold KK preflop, I think this was it. But I still didnt. Nice river:-)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677926

Nice overbet shove by my 1/2 buyin opponent.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677928

Kinda sick hand for him, but why didn't he get his last $20 in on the river?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677931

C-bet with air turns into a backdoor flush.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677934

Finally get paid with a set.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677936

Brutal game sometimes.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677937

Overpair v fish. I had him on KT/AT here, and I knew he couldn't fold it. When he called river, I was very sure my hand was good. But he decided to CALL with a boat. Someone asked him why he called, he said he put me on a bigger boat. Crazy stuff.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677940

Overpair v fish. Thankfully he wasn't deep.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?677945

Some pretty interesting hands there. I'll try to post some more throughout the week, where I'm aiming for 10k hands Monday-Friday.

Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

  • Hi,

    I was in two or three tables with you yesterday. The player count on FTP has been increasing steadily, so there are a lot tables available for European day time also. Didn't see you catch anything good and you propably saw me double and triple barreling with air with no success:) My play overall was horrible, but the few suckouts that you whitnessed made the day positive for me. CU at the tables, if you're sticking with FTP. I might not be there a lot, since I bought a new apartment that is not in the best condition - yet! Renovation and beer it is...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Dec 19, 09:47:00 am  

  • Hey man,

    I played with you a ton yesterday yeah.

    I wasn't catching much (like every 3-bet pot with TT/JJ comes AKx) and the games seemed pretty aggro overall. I felt I played ok overall considering, but I made a few frustrated small spewy calls where I should have had better self control but nothing too huge. Also some bad raises along the way where I should definitely think about what calls me that I'm ahead of if I do raise .

    I liked the 87spades hand where you flopped J72 I think, w/2 spades, and got allin with the fish who called your pfr with J2h out of the BB. I was laughing a lot when he started going mad at you when you rivered the spade...

    Haven't caught you much on msn, I really want to ask you about a hand yesterday where I made a huge laydown and I'd like to try and discuss ur thought process on that.

    Cheers and good luck,

    Dan

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Tue Dec 19, 11:00:00 am  

  • Hi,

    I haven't seen you online in MSN even once..? Maybe try to add me again? jii0 at hotmail.com it is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Dec 19, 07:33:00 pm  

  • hey,

    Sorry from saying hello when you were playing the 50NL game yesterday. If you were down experimenting i hope it makes for a good strategy article...but please don't include any of my hands...lol. Was killing time before going out...a def no no for BR management.

    I'll send that pm/email when i get finished work this week.

    Cheers,
    Graeme

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Dec 20, 09:40:00 pm  

  • Hey Graeme,

    Yeah I was just working on a couple of things, which I'd like to implement into my game. I do this quite a lot, I think it really helps.

    I haven't got many thoughts on any more articles I'd write about, but if anyone can suggest a subject I'd definitely consider doing more.

    Cheers and good luck,

    Dan.

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Wed Dec 20, 11:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home