Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Lorry Drivers And Dance Music

I haven't been playing much lately. To be honest I haven't wanted to play poker. I don't really know why. I just haven't felt like sitting in front of my pc all day.

It's not like I've run badly, in fact it's been pretty smooth Thursday-Saturday last week, but I haven't played from then until a short session this morning when I picked up 1/2 a buyin in about an hour. I just haven't had the motivation to play, or any possible feeling that I'd be playing good poker if I sat down to play. So I guess it's good that I haven't been playing when I feel like this. I feel quite a bit more like it now, so hopefully I can get all my enthusiasm back as quickly as possible.

So from Sunday to Tuesday I actually went out playing machines, which is the first time for ages. I wasn't even interested in the money (although I made like £350 which was ok for the hours I put in), I just wanted to get out of the house for a few days.

I actually enjoyed going out yesterday, it bought back some good memories.

Apart from driving on the M25, where this lorry which was about as dirty as it gets pulls out in front of me without indicating when I'm doing 90 on the outside lane. I slow down pretty quick and once he goes past the car who he's overtaking pulls over to the lane on the left. I look at him and he's mouthing obscenities and giving me the finger. Is it hardly surprising that the M25 is nothing more than a glorified car park because wankers like this crash their lorries every single day? If I can ever be bothered, I'll write to the powers that be and tell them to ban all lorries from going outside the first lane.

But with this being the exception I really enjoyed driving around. I picked up a couple of pirate radio stations, Freeze Fm (www.freezefm.co.uk) and Subjam (www.subjam.com) and they were playing some class old skool house from like 93-99 which was awesome, stuff I haven't heard for ages like Raze - Break for Love, Kim English - Nitelife and Bizarre Inc - Playing With Knives, all stuff which I grew up listening to. The other day I downloaded all the dj sessions (UK Garage) from www.mrprecordings.com which are all pretty good, but I'd really like to get some old skool house and maybe even some happy hardcore dj sessions which I haven't heard for ages. If anyone knows anywhere you can download some good free dj sessions please let me know!

Hopefully now I've had this short break I can get back to the tables and play some good sessions. I've got loads on tomorrow, I'm taking my car to get valeted in the morning so I can advertise it online tomorrow, and then I'm going to Tottenham v Slavia Prague in the evening. I should be able to get a session in between doing these things.

After feeling pretty burnt out over the last few days, after playing like maybe 2-4 hours each day, I really wonder how some players have the mental stamina and motivation to play like 12 tables 10 hours a day, day in day out. I guess there must be an acquired skill somewhere along the line, or just a sick motivation to make as much $ as is physically possible. Answers on a postcard please!

2 Comments:

  • You can't download them but I have spent many days listening to the tunes on hardcorewillneverdie.com

    I find that if I try to force myself to play I play poorly. 25K hands this month with a weeks holiday with no internet is pretty good for me. Taking some short stacked stabs at 2/4 now. We'll be crushing 25/50 by the end of next year I'm sure :)

    Good luck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sept 30, 11:30:00 pm  

  • Cheers for the link mate!

    25k hands a month still is much more than I've done this month lol!

    Good to see you are doing well, we seem to be moving up levels at similar times! I hope your prediction is true :-)

    Dan.

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Sun Oct 01, 06:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home