Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

This Is It!

A few of you may have noticed I haven't been on Full Tilt over the last couple of weeks. I've withdrawn my roll from there due to several reasons, mainly game selection ones although there are several others.

I've moved my money onto a new site, which I'm much preferring. More fish/less regulars is a good start, plus the software is quicker so I'm probably getting about 70 hands/hr more 6-tabling than at FTP.

I've been running pretty well on this new site and things have gone well so far, even though I've had some pretty sick coolers/beats.

Anyway, I've made a decision for the future. I'm going to take a 6 month period to devote to poker and see what happens. I've also been offered a huge deal bonus-wise which will see me make between £600-£700 per week in bonuses 6-tabling $1/2 for about 6hrs a day. Obviously this is a great cushion because even if I lose about 6 buyins over a week, I'll still break even. As my roll is about $15k now, I may move up pretty soon as well.

This 6 month period is gonna start on Friday (1st December). I actually haven't played since Sunday - I'm taking a few days off in preparation for Friday so that I can hit the ground running and actually look forward to playing some long sessions. My mate Phill gave me this advice and I think it's pretty good advice, so I've been away playing machines for a couple of days, and amongst other things tomorrow I'm tidying my room :-)

Things I'll miss from playing machines:- Guaranteed Income, Little Variance.

Things I won't miss:- Going home stinking of cigarette smoke, Having green hands which smell of metal at the end of the day, Stuck in traffic all day/Driving, Having to go into shitholes just because they have a good machine, Having to buy a new pair of jeans every month due to excessive coinage in my pockets...

Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

  • Hi Dan,
    Good luck on the new site, which is it?
    I have moved back to a crypto site after my brief foray onto FTP. My current style seems to work well there. I have been thinking a lot about beating different styles and sites, and why I win well on one site and not another. How many profitable strategies do I know and do I know when to apply them? Switching sites should involve selecting the correct strategy, not just playing the same way every time. I am going to blog my thoughts on this,
    Later,
    Alan

    By Blogger Alan Patterson, at Thu Nov 30, 09:53:00 am  

  • Hi mate,

    I can't reveal all yet re the site but hopefully I will in a month or two...

    I'm pretty pleased with the arrangement though!

    Shame I haven't caught u on MSN lately, I'll be on it a lot more now obviously so speak soon.

    Cheers,

    Dan.

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Thu Nov 30, 02:39:00 pm  

  • Good luck ,sounds great look forward to haering more. jus

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Dec 01, 03:03:00 am  

  • Good blog, insightful comments re. small pocket pairs.

    Building and playing big pots with weak players when you have an aggressive image is a sure fire way to win big.

    $15k is imo enough to move to 2/4.

    gl, Alex

    By Blogger Alex Martin, at Fri Dec 01, 03:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home