Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Running Badly

Well I knew this time would come...

But at the moment I'm running pretty badly. I just can't hit a flop and if I do, disaster strikes. If you hit with AK, the flop comes KJT or something similar, and if I flop a set the turn/river bring the board to 4 to a flush lol.

I guess these times are meant to try us, and I think the key is to minimise your losses in these situations, by either not tilting or not playing. It's hard for these type of things not to affect your confidence but its hard not to put the other guy on a monster every hand when he puts money in when you are constantly getting beaten down.

I'm not hugely down but it's still not pleasant.

Full Tilt have done a reload bonus for $1000 (50% bonus so $500 bonus) and with this and their good statement regarding their stance on poker legislation, I think they could be all set for a big market share increase. I'm already noticing several more thousand players on at peak times. Hopefully this can cover some of my losses :-)

I'm gonna be going away for a few days from Sunday so I won't be updating most of next week, or even playing, and I think a weeks break is necessary. I haven't had my A game mind on for a couple of weeks now and I need a week away from poker to refresh my mind and come back to my best. I want to start 8-tabling soon as I am gonna really have a good go at making a run up to 2/4 pretty quickly when I get back, and I want to get a ton of hands in every day. I'm also hoping the break will help me get properly motivated to play like 8 tables 6ish hours a day. This would be pretty good.

I'm add another strategy article tonight as well - I hope everyone like the one about game selection and I've written another one about playing the turn aggressively. In my opinion it's where a lot of pots get decided and that good turn strategy is something which is very beneficial to a players winrate. It's something I've looked at in great detail recently, and I think it's importance increases as you move up stakes.

Thats it for now, peace everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home