Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Monday, October 16, 2006

Prison Break

I never thought I'd say this, but Lost has been knocked off the top spot in my favourite TV series charts. At the moment it's pretty dull stuff IMO although obviously still great TV compared to the crap we get generally. But I'm in the process of catching up with Prison Break. Everyone kept going on to me about how good it is, and finally I got the series 1 box set at the weekend. I've watched 7 episodes so far and this is by far the best series I have ever, ever watched. If you haven't seen Prison Break yet, you honestly have to buy this as soon as possible. At least I am never bored at home when I'm not playing online at the moment:-)

I've also bought The Professor, The Banker and The Suicide King and this is looking like a decent book. It's about the real life high stakes poker games between a banker, Andy Beal, and the corporation (High Stakes pros). It's pretty good so far.

Music wise, I'm really into a mix session that I downloaded from www.djrobknagg.co.uk. It's only about 45 minutes long but very good. Anyone who likes piano house, or 90's dance music in general should really like this. I'm also really liking 'I just wanna know' by Taio Cruz at the moment too, which should show how diverse my music tastes area anyway! This song was actually picked up by a record company from his myspace website. Garage music wise, I'm liking 4u4me by Sunship - you can hear a sample of this on their myspace website as well. Sunship have always done great garage tracks.

As far as poker is concerned, I've played 2k hands at 50NL today so far just to finish tweaking a few things in my experiment, and I'm gonna play a bunch more tonight (4k hands for the day hopefully) before I resume back at 200NL tomorrow. The funny thing is, whenever I have played 50NL I've actually made really good money :-)

That's about it for now, I'm gonna put my next strategy article up today or tomorrow about continuation betting, and the impact of your opponent's poker tracker stats on it. I hope you'll like it anyway!

Dan.

4 Comments:

  • I've been reading your blog for a while now -( not sure how I found it) and find it very informative and encouraging to me a lower NL50 stakes player - maybe an article on how to adjust to lower limits now you've played them?

    Keep up the good work.
    All the best.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 17, 12:38:00 pm  

  • Hi Pete,

    Thanks for the comments. I'll do my best to write up some form of summary for low stakes poker and how best to succeed at it. It's certainly a different game to higher stakes, even at 200NL you can notice a big difference from 100NL.

    Cheers,

    Dan.

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Tue Oct 17, 04:17:00 pm  

  • Hey Fruity

    Your right about Prison Break mate, best series on the telly, i am in the process of downloading/watching the second series it is upto episode 7 ish in America......superb.

    check out my new computer (on my blog)..a must for any multi-tabler!!!

    laters, hope the cards fall well for ya

    Neil

    By Blogger ROSSI, at Wed Oct 18, 10:45:00 am  

  • Hi Neil,

    Yah I am fully up to date now :-)

    It's totally awesome, I told my brother about it and he watched 17 episodes in 24 hours!

    I saw ur new PC, looks pretty amazing, need to earn a few more $ before I can get it tho!!!

    Take it easy and good luck at the tables.

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Thu Oct 19, 08:47:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home