Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Finding The Time...

I haven't been able to play much online over the last few days, I have been working hard on the fruits recently and have been very tired when I get home so I just haven't been mentally ready to hit the tables. I did play two very short sessions and banked about a $70 profit, but it feels I am fitting in poker in between work and a social life.

If I am ever going to achieve my goals, I have to devote more time to poker, and not fit it in as and when it's convenient. The question is, do I keep my life as it is and be comfortably average, or try to live the dream, so to speak. I am sure with a week off and playing full-time, I could get my roll to the $4k level to play $100 NL. But with small sessions I am doing, this would take some time.

It's a tough one for me. I think what I am going to try to do is work the fruits 3-4 days a week and devote the rest of the time to poker. At least I am my own boss and can give myself time off when I want :-)

The thing is, if I have a day off and am running badly at cards, I am tempted to go out and make the money back on machines! I have to be able to differentiate between the two disciplines and keep the days seperate.

I am going to have a 'poker day' tomorrow, and I am aiming to play 2,500 hands at least.

In my short session yesterday, I had a very interesting hand occur. I thought my fold was quite tight, but the general consensus on the cardrunners forum was that it was a good fold. I think I should have raised on the turn but I wanted to keep the pot small with a good hand and position. If the fourth diamond doesn't come on the river, I call the river bet quickly. I think the straight is good without the river diamond.

Game #2455690924: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/05/22 - 09:34:54 (UK)
Table "Tombeau" Seat 5 is the button.
Seat 1: Ijcspeed ($37.76 in chips)
Seat 2: webbstar ($14.40 in chips)
Seat 3: SlimOdds ($40.65 in chips)
Seat 4: Treasu001 ($65.80 in chips)
Seat 5: Fruitypro ($58.65 in chips)
Seat 6: baltazar ($47.40 in chips)
baltazar: posts small blind $0.25
Ijcspeed: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Fruitypro [Kc Qd]
webbstar: folds
SlimOdds: folds
Treasu001: calls $0.50
Fruitypro: raises to $3
baltazar: folds
Ijcspeed: calls $2.50
Treasu001: calls $2.50
----- FLOP ----- [7d Jd Td]
Ijcspeed: bets $3
Treasu001: calls $3
Fruitypro: calls $3
----- TURN ----- [7d Jd Td][9c]
Ijcspeed: checks
Treasu001: bets $4
Fruitypro: calls $4
Ijcspeed: folds
----- RIVER ----- [7d Jd Td 9c][6d]
Treasu001: bets $13.50
Fruitypro: folds
Returned uncalled bets $13.50 to Treasu001
Treasu001: doesn't show hand
Treasu001 collects $24.95 from Main pot

Comments always welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home