Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Recovery Starts Here...

Cricket got rained off this afternoon, unfortunately we had almost got to their ground by then, 20 miles away :-(

This gave me the opportunity to try to restore my confidence with a quick session at the tables, which I have just finished. This was a feeler session for me, really just to build confidence and get back into the swing of things. I only played for an hour but felt like I was the best player at the tables, which I was pleased about. No beats or coolers thank god but I lost count of the short stacks I busted! Didn't play any big pots v big stacks - I didn't hit that many flops and only flopped one set in a limped pot. My aggressive pre flop play saw me reraise with AQ an UTG raiser with 30/14 stats. He folded, and said he had AQ, lol!

Here's my stats from this afternoon's quick session:

Hands: 372
VPIP: 20.43%
PFR: 14.52%
Amount Won: $64.68
BB/100 Hands: 17.39

Overall, a good quick session which has helped no end with my confidence after tuesday.

Here's some hands from today. There weren't that many of interest but these I felt were worth commenting on: Critique always welcome!

I was waiting to bust this guy - he overbet all in so many times and I was just looking for a spot. He wasn't that loose pre flop, but volatile is an understatement post flop... Notice how passively I played the streets, that was a conscious decision as I really didn't want him to push and leave me folding K high which may have been the best hand. When the river came giving me top pair on a 3 flush flop, I beat him into the pot calling his all-in overbet. A prime example of playing the player.

Game #2435923054: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/05/20 - 16:56:37 (UK)
Table "Laptop" Seat 6 is the button.
Seat 1: Javkam07 ($20.03 in chips)
Seat 2: CruS ($64.42 in chips)
Seat 3: jompass ($45.20 in chips)
Seat 4: Birksted ($98.73 in chips)
Seat 5: Guzzin ($10.50 in chips)
Seat 6: Fruitypro ($83.95 in chips)
Javkam07: posts small blind $0.25
CruS: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Fruitypro [Qh Kh]
jompass: folds
Birksted: calls $0.50
Guzzin: folds
Fruitypro: raises to $3
Javkam07: calls $2.75
CruS: folds
Birksted: folds
----- FLOP ----- [3d 6d 5d]
Javkam07: bets $0.50
Fruitypro: calls $0.50
----- TURN ----- [3d 6d 5d][6c]
Javkam07: checks
Fruitypro: checks
----- RIVER ----- [3d 6d 5d 6c][Qs]
Javkam07: bets $16.53 and is all-in
Fruitypro: calls $16.53
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Javkam07: shows [Jc Qd] (Two Pairs, Queens and Sixes, Jack high)
Fruitypro: shows [Qh Kh] (Two Pairs, Queens and Sixes, King high)
Fruitypro collects $39.01 from Main pot

This next hand shows the value of being the aggressor pre flop, and taking that approach into the flop as well. I couldn't stand the reraise but everything I did suggested I had a huge hand. I am guessing he had AK, AQ, TT or 88 as he had fairly low PFR stats. So there was a big chance that my aggression won me the hand without the best hand. On a side note, his raise pre flop is far too small with the limpers already in the pot.

Game #2435288704: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/05/20 - 16:08:51 (UK)
Table "Laptop" Seat 4 is the button.
Seat 1: Javkam07 ($57.35 in chips)
Seat 2: CruS ($54.95 in chips)
Seat 3: Robtovnb ($24.27 in chips)
Seat 4: Birksted ($143.28 in chips)
Seat 5: expired ($48.20 in chips)
Seat 6: Fruitypro ($50 in chips)
expired: posts small blind $0.25
Fruitypro: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Fruitypro [Ah Kc]
Javkam07: calls $0.50
CruS: calls $0.50
Robtovnb: calls $0.50
Birksted: folds
expired: raises to $2
Fruitypro: raises to $8
Javkam07: folds
CruS: folds
Robtovnb: folds
expired: calls $6
----- FLOP ----- [Jd 3s 9h]
expired: checks
Fruitypro: bets $12
expired: folds
Returned uncalled bets $12 to Fruitypro
Fruitypro: doesn't show hand
Fruitypro collects $16.65 from Main pot

This last hand shows a leak I have in my game. When I flop middle pair in position when I have raised pre flop in a multiway pot I play it too passively. I really should have fired on the flop, or at least the turn, and I am a bit obsessed with keeping the pot small. I need to find where I am and not pay off people who catch on the river. It was only a small bet but if I bet the flop I probably win.

Game #2436014144: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/05/20 - 17:03:55 (UK)
Table "Katerina" Seat 4 is the button.
Seat 1: Potbet ($43.55 in chips)
Seat 2: DoctorX2k ($67.85 in chips)
Seat 3: Fruitypro ($55.85 in chips)
Seat 4: jompass ($52.45 in chips)
Seat 5: daiwiza ($48.65 in chips)
daiwiza: posts small blind $0.25
Potbet: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Fruitypro [Kh Ts]
DoctorX2k: folds
Fruitypro: raises to $2.50
jompass: folds
daiwiza: calls $2.25
Potbet: calls $2
----- FLOP ----- [4d As Th]
daiwiza: checks
Potbet: checks
Fruitypro: checks
----- TURN ----- [4d As Th][6s]
daiwiza: checks
Potbet: checks
Fruitypro: checks
----- RIVER ----- [4d As Th 6s][9s]
daiwiza: checks
Potbet: bets $2
Fruitypro: calls $2
daiwiza: folds
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Potbet: shows [9h 9d] (Three of a kind, Nines, Ace high)
Fruitypro: mucks hand [Kh Ts]
Potbet collects $10.95 from Main pot

2 Comments:

  • Nice job on your profit for a short session and after a horrible day. Keep it up man!

    Also try out www.pokerhand.org to host your hands for you and your HH won't take up as much room on your blog, just some advice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun May 21, 02:23:00 am  

  • Cheers mate, I will definitely look at that, I notice that a lot of people on CR's use it too.

    It's hard work transferring HH's from Poker Tracker to here using copy/paste as it merges into a mess as it doesn't end each line as it should and I have to press enter at the end of each line so you can read it!

    Cheers, Fruitypro.

    By Blogger Fruitypro, at Sun May 21, 08:18:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home