Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Friday, May 12, 2006

The 2k Challenge

A couple of weeks ago, I joined Cardrunners Poker School (see link), which has really opened my eyes to the LAG (Loose Aggressive) style of playing poker. Previously I was a losing weak-tight player who just couldn't understand what was going wrong... Now I do!

After reading the articles and the forum, and learning loads from Green Plastic's and Muddywater's videos, I decided to set myself a challenge. Start with $2,000 and work my way (multi-tabling 4 tables) up the limits, maintaining 40 buy ins for the level I play at. So I am starting at $.25/$.50NL, until I can get to $4,000 where I move up to $.50/$1NL etc. My aim is to get to be a regular at $1/$2 before the end of the year, and this should be a level where I can earn a good income. Once I get up to $2/$4 my aim is to be playing poker for a living.

After a few weeks, my bankroll has grown to slightly over $3,200 (from 15,500 hands), so I have had a decent start.

I thought I would set up a blog so that I can post all the hands that I either stack my opponent or they stack me, as well as some other interesting hands - and to explain my thought processes in the hands. I think analysing hands from myself or other people is probably the best way to improve as a poker player.

Wish me luck with my challenge anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home