Fruitypro's Poker Blog

Friday, May 12, 2006

Early Session On 12th May

Made $65 this afternoon in about an hour and a half playing 4 tables of $50NL.

I got stacked once, and managed to stack someone twice.

Overall my VPIP (Voluntary put $ in pot%) was around the 21% mark, and my PFR (pre flop raise%) was about 17%. This are stats I am aiming at for this level, I think it's hard to have higher stats than that and be a consistent winning player at the low limits - people just don't give you respect and therefore play back at you more if you get out of line any more than this. Generally there are 3 styles of players at the $50NL level - maniacs who are playing 50%+ of hands, and either raise most of these or hardly at all, weak-tight players who's stats are something like 18/4, or TAG/SLAG with stats of about 25/15. The latter category tend to be the better players overall, although obviously some are better than others post-flop.

Here is the hand I got stacked on - it came early in the session so I was fighting an upward battle from the start:
Game #2342957114: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/05/12 - 13:43:28 (UK)
Table "Katalina" Seat 1 is the button.
Seat 1: lickME ($54.09 in chips)
Seat 2: McBest ($74.40 in chips)
Seat 3: Maxx101 ($19.67 in chips)
Seat 6: Fruitypro ($50.89 in chips)
McBest: posts small blind $0.25
Maxx101: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Fruitypro [Tc Th]
Fruitypro: raises to $2.50 - TT is obviously a raising hand in any position, and so I make my standard 5xBB raise
lickME: calls $2.50
McBest: raises to $7
Maxx101: folds
Fruitypro: calls $4.50 - I get re raised by the small blind, he has a good stack so I am getting good implied odds for hitting my set, plus I have position on him post-flop.
Tere10031 joins the table at seat #4
lickME: folds
----- FLOP ----- [Jd 5s Jh]
McBest: bets $7
Fruitypro: calls $7 - I sort of floated on this flop, basically with position I wanted to see his action on the turn. There was a chance I still had the best hand anyway.
----- TURN ----- [Jd 5s Jh][6s]
McBest: checks
Fruitypro: checks - I thought I was in front here after his check - his play really fits AK so far - but I thought I would check and keep the pot small.
----- RIVER ----- [Jd 5s Jh 6s][Td]
McBest: bets $15
Cabecao joins the table at seat #5
Fruitypro: raises to $36.89 and is all-in - I hit my miracle card, unless he has JT or JJ I am winning, and neither of his plays are consistent with those hands. If he has either I really have to pay them - no getting away from it.
McBest: calls $21.89
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Fruitypro: shows [Tc Th] (A Full House, Tens full of Jacks)
McBest: shows [Js Jc] (Four of a kind, Jacks, Ten high)
McBest collects $101.78 from Main pot

Overall, it was pretty much a cooler situation - there is only one possible other way I play this hand and that is to fold on the flop. I felt that may have been a weak play, plus I have played with McBest before and he is a loose aggressive (38/20) player. He will be betting that flop regardless.

The next hand was easy: I had aces and all the money went in pre-flop, which obviously is ideal when you have AA - as you are at least 80% favourite against any other hand. One of the benefits of playing LAG/SLAG is that you often get paid better on your good hands - the next two illustrate that.

Game #2343384254: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/05/12 - 14:35:24 (UK)
Table "Truffle" Seat 2 is the button.
Seat 1: 91raver ($62.20 in chips)
Seat 2: Misscash ($41.34 in chips)
Seat 3: Con2512 ($40.50 in chips)
Seat 4: Fruitypro ($45.95 in chips)
Seat 5: Sallyaces ($47.49 in chips)
Seat 6: JTCORK sits out
Con2512: posts small blind $0.25
Fruitypro: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Fruitypro [Ad As]
Sallyaces: folds
91raver: folds
Misscash: raises to $2.50
Con2512: calls $2.25
Fruitypro: raises to $15 - I make this raise for several reasons. Obviously I am going to re raise with aces, but I really want one opponent only. I am also out of position against Misscash (although their raise could have been a standard button play) and don't want to play out of position post flop, so I put the other two to the test with a 6x reraise. Misscash comes over the top of me all-in and I have an easy call, and hope they don't spike a jack!
Misscash: raises to $41.34 and is all-in
Con2512: folds
Fruitypro: calls $26.34
----- FLOP ----- [8d 7s 5d]
----- TURN ----- [8d 7s 5d][Td]
----- RIVER ----- [8d 7s 5d Td][Ts]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Misscash: shows [Jc Js] (Two Pairs, Jacks and Tens, Eight high)
Fruitypro: shows [Ad As] (Two Pairs, Aces and Tens, Eight high)
Fruitypro collects $82.18 from Main pot

The last hand was a hand that dreams are made of! It was the very next hand after the last hand I posted where I had AA!

Here it is:

Game #2343384264: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/05/12 - 14:36:14 (UK)
Table "Truffle" Seat 3 is the button.
Seat 1: 91raver ($62.20 in chips)
Seat 2: Misscash sits out
Seat 3: Con2512 ($38 in chips)
Seat 4: Fruitypro ($86.79 in chips)
Seat 5: Sallyaces ($47.49 in chips)
Seat 6: JTCORK sits out
Fruitypro: posts small blind $0.25
Sallyaces: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Fruitypro [6h 6d]
91raver: folds
Con2512: folds
Fruitypro: raises to $2.50 - We are only playing 4 handed after a couple of players got stacked, and it's folded round to me, and I make a standard SB raise with 6 6.
Sallyaces: raises to $4.50
Fruitypro: calls $2 - There are a lot of things to think about here. My opponent was a total fish, VPIP of 60% which obviously is very loose, yet a PFR of 1.3%. This indicated a big hand for them here. However, the minraise is a horrible play as it gives you such good pot odds to call. I have good implied odds and make the call, hoping to flop a set. Otherwise I am gone from the hand.
----- FLOP ----- [6s Tc 6c]
Fruitypro: checks
Sallyaces: bets $4.50
Fruitypro: calls $4.50 - What a flop. Flopping quads is a 0.20% chance to occur, and I hit a pretty much unbeatable hand. It would take an epic beat to lose here. I can't afford to lose my customer so I check/call his continuation bet.
----- TURN ----- [6s Tc 6c][Ks]
Fruitypro: checks
Sallyaces: bets $5.50
Fruitypro: raises to $13 - At this level, players rarely fire 2 bullets without a hand after raising pre-flop. If he had AK, I just got very lucky and hope that he has a big hand capable of paying me.
Sallyaces: raises to $38.49 and is all-in
Fruitypro: calls $25.49 - He reraises me all-in and I have the easiest call of my life.
----- RIVER ----- [6s Tc 6c Ks][Qd]-----
SHOW DOWN -----
Sallyaces: shows [Ac Ah] (Two Pairs, Aces and Sixes, King high)
Fruitypro: shows [6h 6d] (Four of a kind, Sixes, King high)
Fruitypro collects $91.98 from Main pot

He had aces and couldn't let them go - to be fair I don't think many would have, I don't think he could have put me on one 6, let alone 2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home